Skip to main content

Kindergarten is dead to me

For real, though...
The girl was coughing all day yesterday, and was a general snot factory, in addition to not acting like her normal, bouncy self.
Today, she is home from school, and I am a human couch cushion.
It's the last week of the semester, and I have things... important things... that need to be done.
Instead, I'm my daughter's bean bag chair, explaining details of a movie the kids have been watching non stop for the last month.
Granted, it's comforting to know that my children don't fully pay attention to anything, and they don't reserve this just for me.
But... back to the kindergarten petri dish...
Things could be worse... we only had vomit for 4 days of the school year. Even though the girl has gotten a letter from the school for missing days, and it's 2.5 weeks before Christmas break.  At least each absence wasn't accompanied by puke. I can wipe a runny nose all day, er'y day.
I think I need a nap. Laying around is exhausting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social media fast day one

Welp, today was eventful, but not. It was the kickoff to the spring semester for me, which meant I was overwhelmed from the time I woke up.  Unfortunately, I also woke up with some serious sinus pressure in my head, and some serious congestion to accompany it. So, what's a girl to do but make some ginger concentrate. I sliced a real big ginger root with my mandolin and simmered it in my biggest saucepan for a few hours. Add a splash of this stuff to a mug of hot water and a touch of honey... you have hot, not so sweet, gingerale. It's pretty awesome, and has helped open my head up a bit. After my big adventure out of the house for pens (which, as it turns out, I didn't really need) to keep myself organized for this semester, I got some Thai Kitchen noodle bowls, which is basically my option for Gluten free ramen. They come with rice noodles and spices. I decided the mushroom bowl I made needed , well, mushrooms. Luckily I had some in the fridge. I successfully resisted t

Business trip t-2 days

2/26/2012 10:30pm I'm waiting to publish these records until my husband returns from his trip, as I am really not comfortable with advertising that I am alone with 2 small kids... for 2 weeks. My husband is a branch manager for PNC.  Since PNC recently acquired RBC's US operations, they are sending several seasoned managers & tellers to oversee the conversion.  My husband is going to the Plymouth, NC branch. I'm kind of terrified.  I know that I'll be ok and it's not forever, and that LOTS of other women have it lots worse than I do... But I'm gonna miss my honey! He got his suitcase out, and I got a little light-headed.  Like, this just got real. EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk!

Lung Abuse

I wanted to start watching the show Mad Men when it first came out. For whatever reason, scheduling conflict or whatever, we didn't. It recently popped up on our instant Netflix, so we decided to give it a try. I have to say I'm having issues with watching the show. Not because it's extraordinarily old fashioned and based on a late 50's world where guys rule and it's unheard of for a woman to be unmarried and have a career. Nope. It makes me miss smoking really bad. I know, it's completely gross and yucky and everything else. I started thinking about the days before I was married and Mommy. When my husband and I were dating, going out to dinner every night, drinking and smoking with friends and not worrying about the long term effects of such actions. Once Matt and I were married, we tried to curb our habits of eating like crap and consuming alcohol more than once every week or so. The smoking stuck around, however. We started talking about the poss