Skip to main content

This might get graphic...

Guys, yesterday was a bad day.
Not very many of you knew it, but I was scheduled for a uterine ablation.
I was excited at the prospect of not having a period anymore. (Yes, I'm talking about periods. Gross. Moving on.)  They have gotten pretty rough, not letting me do a 90 minute swim without having to stop and change my tampon. I am crampy and uncomfortable the majority of the month. This , among other things, is less than convenient. So, yeah, I was looking forward to surgery.
My husband brings me into the surgery center, I get prepped, they take me back, I go night night. I wake up...
"We were unable to complete the procedure"
No one was willing to go into too many details, as I was coming out of general anesthesia, and still kind of in and out. I remember talking briefly with the doc, but no one else.
A nurse came to take me to recovery. She got me into the big chair in the recovery room. I began to cry. She covered me up, and held me while I ugly cried. She handed me a box of tissues, and apologized that I was going through this. She was awesome when I needed awesome, and I hope to track her down one day and thank her.
I don't want to sound all "woe is me", because I know a lot of women have it lots worse than I.  It's so frustrating to think that the end of a crappy situation is near, only to find that it's not.
Today wasn't awesome, either. I've been in pain most of the day, which is frustrating, since there are no benefits coming from it. I've spent the day ignoring my dishes that need washed, and the bathroom that needs scrubbed. Instead I have not gotten off of the couch for anything other than a shower and to care for the kids.
I keep circling back to maybe this happened for a reason. I'm not defective. There has to be a reason.
Then I cry some more.
Maybe some day I'll have a concrete answer why. And maybe I wont.

Comments

  1. Maybe yesterday the surgeon had shaking hands and you were spared being butchered.

    You are crying because you were all set for something that screws up your life was about to be finished, that did not happen. Hormones were released, they kicked on the cry switch. You have every right to cry. You are not defective, you are not alone. Deal with it. The world loves you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a different kind of surgery to fix what I imagine are similar issues. It was so bad that I had a weekend where I couldn't gather the energy to even feed myself. IMHO the medical world is not very good at dealing with 'female problems'. Crying can be way to release emotional stress and I think it's good to cry. So sorry you have to go through this. Sending love and light.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social media fast day one

Welp, today was eventful, but not. It was the kickoff to the spring semester for me, which meant I was overwhelmed from the time I woke up.  Unfortunately, I also woke up with some serious sinus pressure in my head, and some serious congestion to accompany it. So, what's a girl to do but make some ginger concentrate. I sliced a real big ginger root with my mandolin and simmered it in my biggest saucepan for a few hours. Add a splash of this stuff to a mug of hot water and a touch of honey... you have hot, not so sweet, gingerale. It's pretty awesome, and has helped open my head up a bit. After my big adventure out of the house for pens (which, as it turns out, I didn't really need) to keep myself organized for this semester, I got some Thai Kitchen noodle bowls, which is basically my option for Gluten free ramen. They come with rice noodles and spices. I decided the mushroom bowl I made needed , well, mushrooms. Luckily I had some in the fridge. I successfully resisted t

Business trip t-2 days

2/26/2012 10:30pm I'm waiting to publish these records until my husband returns from his trip, as I am really not comfortable with advertising that I am alone with 2 small kids... for 2 weeks. My husband is a branch manager for PNC.  Since PNC recently acquired RBC's US operations, they are sending several seasoned managers & tellers to oversee the conversion.  My husband is going to the Plymouth, NC branch. I'm kind of terrified.  I know that I'll be ok and it's not forever, and that LOTS of other women have it lots worse than I do... But I'm gonna miss my honey! He got his suitcase out, and I got a little light-headed.  Like, this just got real. EEEEEEEeeeeeeeeekkkkkkkkkkkk!

Lung Abuse

I wanted to start watching the show Mad Men when it first came out. For whatever reason, scheduling conflict or whatever, we didn't. It recently popped up on our instant Netflix, so we decided to give it a try. I have to say I'm having issues with watching the show. Not because it's extraordinarily old fashioned and based on a late 50's world where guys rule and it's unheard of for a woman to be unmarried and have a career. Nope. It makes me miss smoking really bad. I know, it's completely gross and yucky and everything else. I started thinking about the days before I was married and Mommy. When my husband and I were dating, going out to dinner every night, drinking and smoking with friends and not worrying about the long term effects of such actions. Once Matt and I were married, we tried to curb our habits of eating like crap and consuming alcohol more than once every week or so. The smoking stuck around, however. We started talking about the poss